BuckID offers loaner card readers for event attendance tracking to University departments and registered student organizations free of charge. To request a reader, complete our Attendance Reader Reservation Request Form.
When requesting a reader, please keep in mind the following:
- An outlet must be available to plug the reader in to power (they are not battery powered)
- By default, the reader will capture who swiped in, but will not validate their status
- Student status validation is available, but only if the reader can be plugged into an active network connection (they are not WiFI compatible) for the duration of your event
- If you would like to validate student status, make sure to include that in the notes of your request form
- The reader must be picked up after noon on the business day prior to your event and returned before Noon on the business day after your event
- An attendance report from your event will be sent to the event contact that requested the reservation within 2 business days of the reader being returned to BuckID
If you have questions, or would like to discuss purchasing a dedicated attendance reader for your department, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614-292-0400.