Lost or Stolen Cards
If your BuckID has been lost or stolen, you should suspend the card immediately. You can suspend your BuckID via any of the following methods:
- Deactivate your card instantly online
- Deactivate your card instantly through the OSU app
- Call BuckID at 614-292-0400
If you deactivate your BuckID online or through the app, you will receive an email instructing you how to reactivate it yourself if you locate it before having it replaced.
If you suspect that your BuckID has been used fraudulently, check your transaction history using MyBuckID.
If there are transactions that have occurred against your account that you did not incur, contact the Ohio State police department immediately to file a police report.
If you do not find your BuckID, bring a government issued photo ID and the $30.00 replacement fee (credit card or BuckID) to the BuckID Office to receive a replacement.
How to Order Through GrubHub When Your Card is Lost or Stolen
Please note: your card should be marked lost/stolen unless you are actively placing an order in GrubHub. Reporting your card as lost/stolen can be done instantly online or through the OSU mobile app. This prevents anyone else from using your BuckID if they find it.
- Temporarily reactivate your card online.
- This should be done immediately before placing an order in GrubHub
- The reactivation process is instant, so you can open GrubHub and place an order immediately after you click “Activate”
- If your BuckID isn’t showing up or working, try removing it from your payment methods in the GrubHub app and then re-adding it
- Once you’ve placed your order and it’s confirmed, immediately mark the card as lost again using the link above.