Welcome Future Buckeyes!
We are excited for you to join us! Please review the below information for step by step instructions on getting your BuckID
This information is designed to help you navigate the steps of our online photo submission process. Please make sure to read each step before getting started.
Graduate Students are not currently eligible to submit through the MyPhoto system - Graduate Students will receive their BuckID after arriving to campus
STEP 1: Take Your Photo
Have someone take a passport style photo of you in front of a light, solid color background.
When taking your photo, remember:
- The photo should be taken in front of a plain white or light-colored wall - using photo editing software to remove the background is not acceptable
- The photo should only contain your face, from below your shoulders to just above the top of your head
- Face the camera directly with your full face in view
- The photo must be clear and of good quality (i.e. not blurry or pixelated)
- No hats, headbands or sunglasses
- Head coverings are allowed only if worn for religious purposes
- Eyeglasses should be worn if normally used
STOP: Take your photo following the above instructions before continuing!
STEPS 2 - 4: Upload Your Photo
Login to MyPhoto and follow the on-screen prompts
Select the appropriate program type
- Freshman attending the Columbus Campus should select “Undergraduate Orientation”
- Other students will select based on instructions from BuckID, their campus or their department (Ohio State Online / ODEE, Nursing, Fisher WPMBA, etc.)
Upload and edit your photo - you will be able to make minor cropping and rotation adjustments, and preview your photo, before you complete the submission
STEPS 5 - 7: Upload a Government ID
A Driver License, State ID or Passport are valid
- The ID must be completely legible and include a photo
- MyPhoto steps 6 and 7 will allow you to adjust, crop and preview your Government ID prior to submission
NOTE: Your ID is stored encrypted and is securely deleted once your photo and personal information have been verified. We do not keep your ID on file.
STEPS 8: Sign Your Name in the Signature Block
This signature will be printed on your BuckID
STEP 9: Finalize Your Submission
BuckID will review your submission within 14 days, and you will receive a notification of the status of your submission via email.
You will pick up your BuckID when you arrive to campus this autumn.
If you are a fully online student, your BuckID will be mailed to the permanent address currently on file with the university.
READY TO GET STARTED?
If you have your photo ready as described in Step 1, access MyPhoto below: